Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Flying Elephants - Portland International Airport PDX

CLOSED August 13, 2024

https://www.instagram.com/p/C-n3EVlNQkZ/?img_index=1 

Established 2009

Visited October 11, 2013


Croque Monsieur or Croque Madame? Which should I order? The servers behind the counter didn't provide any help. I asked which one was more popular. Fifty-fifty. Great, that was a lot of help from the abulia afflicted.

 

I ordered the Croque Monsieur and in hindsight should have ordered the Madame. Why? The Madame has the same ingredients plus an egg at the same sticker price.

Croque Monsieur is the fancy French name for a grilled ham and cheese sandwich with bechamel sauce although I don't recall bechamel listed on the item description. I thought all the white stuff was cheese but memory fades. It's hard to go wrong with a grilled ham and cheese sandwich and as this one goes, it was good but didn't make me exclaim mon Dieu!

The turd looking object on the left is a Coconut Macaroon. Good but not distinguishing itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment