CLOSED 2026?
2837 Nicollet Ave, Minneapolis, MN
Visited June 14, 2008
Pho and Cha Gio. This particular pho, Pho tai nuong ca (spelling? $6.50 large) comprises sliced beef, flank, and tendon. The broth was clear and simple, and not as intense as I would have liked. The noodles were thinner than usually served. I felt this detracted from the heartiness and comfort that pho should have.
The Com tam bi cha ($6.95) comprises broken rice, grilled pork chop, meat pie, and shredded pork. The pork chop was juicy and was grilled nicely but too charred. The meat pie was dense and tender with a wonderful soft texture. The shredder pork provided contrast to the broken rice. Individually the parts were good but the whole was stupendous.
My first bite impression was that this was great cha gio ($3.25) but with the second bite, that impression changed. The skin is more Chinese egg roll style with a gritty bumpy texture rather than the smooth textured potato chip thin wrap typically used. It’s better than most cha gio I’ve tried but it is different in that it is heavier in pork department and is missing vermicelli.
Pho and Cha Gio. This particular pho, Pho tai nuong ca (spelling? $6.50 large) comprises sliced beef, flank, and tendon. The broth was clear and simple, and not as intense as I would have liked. The noodles were thinner than usually served. I felt this detracted from the heartiness and comfort that pho should have.
The Com tam bi cha ($6.95) comprises broken rice, grilled pork chop, meat pie, and shredded pork. The pork chop was juicy and was grilled nicely but too charred. The meat pie was dense and tender with a wonderful soft texture. The shredder pork provided contrast to the broken rice. Individually the parts were good but the whole was stupendous.
My first bite impression was that this was great cha gio ($3.25) but with the second bite, that impression changed. The skin is more Chinese egg roll style with a gritty bumpy texture rather than the smooth textured potato chip thin wrap typically used. It’s better than most cha gio I’ve tried but it is different in that it is heavier in pork department and is missing vermicelli.



No comments:
Post a Comment