Monday, June 18, 2018

Dalchini - Brampton, ON

CLOSED August(?), 2026

4525 Ebenezer and Gore Rd

Visited June 18, 2018

I read somewhere approximately 18,000 eateries dot the GTA. It's hard to imagine that but when you go to the strip malls and find unexpected restaurants, the statistic becomes credible. I knew Dalchini is here but didn't expect to see another 4 or so neighboring restaurants in this strip mall. I see the number of restaurants present as a good thing for the customer.


Fish with Vegetable Mix. The batter fried fish is cooked in advance and reheated via wok stirring.  Fresh would have been better. The vegetables are fresh and it has that magical restaurant quality of remaining super nova hot for the duration of the meal. It doesn't have wok hay but it's still great scorching hot and tasty.  I wonder how they perfect having just a sauce that clings to the food but isn't overly heavy.  Corn storch? Arrow root? Something else?

The temperature hot multiplies the heat of the peppers. I am not expecting heat in this dish but it has more than enough for me.

The decor is utilitarian. It's minimalist not by design but because they decide they didn't want to spend money.

Food: ★★★
Service: ★★1/2
Probability of making an out of the way return: 10%
Probability of returning if in the area: 65%

No comments:

Post a Comment