1347 Burns Ave
Visited May 26. 2008
You won't find Obb's if you're not specifically looking because it is slightly off the beaten track. Its location is unexpected yet somehow comfortably right in this neighborhood. It felt good to be at Obb's, a refuge from the work storm. From the outside, it appears as a large two story house but inside there's no mistaking it for a sports bar with the array of TV's tuned to ESPN.
Obb's has a decent menu with a better selection of offerings than expected in a sports bar and especially this one based on location. I ordered an Italian beef sandwich with the pepper toppings and Provolone cheese ($6.75) with a side of coleslaw.
The meat was a little rough as expected and not too flavorful but suitable for a Midwestern palate. The peppers were mildly spicy, lacking the intense Italian flavors and spiciness I've come to expect. The fully melted provolone formed a cap which conveniently kept the peppers and beef from falling apart with every bite. Overall it was a good if unspectacular presentation and given the enormity of the sandwich, I was satisfied.
You won't find Obb's if you're not specifically looking because it is slightly off the beaten track. Its location is unexpected yet somehow comfortably right in this neighborhood. It felt good to be at Obb's, a refuge from the work storm. From the outside, it appears as a large two story house but inside there's no mistaking it for a sports bar with the array of TV's tuned to ESPN.
Obb's has a decent menu with a better selection of offerings than expected in a sports bar and especially this one based on location. I ordered an Italian beef sandwich with the pepper toppings and Provolone cheese ($6.75) with a side of coleslaw.
The meat was a little rough as expected and not too flavorful but suitable for a Midwestern palate. The peppers were mildly spicy, lacking the intense Italian flavors and spiciness I've come to expect. The fully melted provolone formed a cap which conveniently kept the peppers and beef from falling apart with every bite. Overall it was a good if unspectacular presentation and given the enormity of the sandwich, I was satisfied.

No comments:
Post a Comment